The Linkable Images Promo Module is one of the most popular and versatile modules we have. It allows you to upload your own promotional images that promote content on your site (or externally) to your visitors. Each image can have an associated link, and the images will randomly rotate through the list in a slideshow fashion. This allows you to promote a lot of different content in one area. Websites will often use this module as the main series of images on their home page, to promote pages on the site that are important that day/week. It provides visually stimulating dynamic content.
- Add a Promo Module: On your Admin home page (or the expandable "Tool Dock") click on the big icon that says "Promo Modules". Above the list area click the big "Add" button to add a new Promo Module. Then select "Promo: Linkable Images" as the module type.
- Name Your Module: Give your module an optional title, e.g. "Featured Products" or "New Features".
- Image Size: Select the size of the images that you want to display in this module. Be very mindful of the size of the module area, because if you select an image size that is too large, it could make portions of your design ugly. The module area will become the size of the first image in your list.
- Randomize: By default the module will cycle through the entire list of images in order, like a slideshow. But if you want to use this module more like an add module, you can select this option and it will only display one of the images randomly per page load.
- Fade Speed: By default we will cycle through images in an appropriate speed of 4 seconds per image. But if your images have a lot of text on them, you may want to slow this speed down and make it more like 8 seconds.
- Images: When you first create the module, you will need to click "Create" before you have options to add more images. After you've created the module though, you'll see a list below that lets you add new Images to the module or edit existing images. Click the big "Add" button and you'll be given an option to select an image, and specify a page that this image should link to (internally or externally). You will also have the option of selecting if you want the link to open up a new window (helpful if this is an external link).
- Save the module and it will appear on your site. Test the results and make sure everything works the way you want it to.