After you claim your site, Pins will have your account's profile picture added next to them. Pinterest offers two methods for claiming a site: with a <meta> tag, or by uploading an HTML file. Gutensite doesn't allow for the use of raw HTML files, so we've made it easy to use the <meta> tag.
How to obtain the <meta> tag
- Login to Pinterest.
- Click on the button with . . . in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select "Edit Settings" from the pull-down menu.
- Select "Claim" from the menu on the left.
- Paste the URL for your site into the provided field. NOTE: You will not be able to type it in.
- Select "Add HTML tag" from the options provided.
- Copy the resulting <meta> tag.
It should look something like this:
<meta name="p:domain_verify" content="44b1471596064d936a5717b2faf7d55e"/>
How to load the <meta> tag into the Control Panel
- Login to the Gutensite Control Panel
- Select Admin --> Settings --> Meta Data.
- Click on the Add New button.
- For the Preset Meta value, click on the pull-down menu, then select Pinterest Verification.
- In the Value field, enter the string for the "content=" portion of the tag. In the example above, this is: 44b1471596064d936a5717b2faf7d55e
- The Private Description is optional.